Vice President/General Manager
• Lead a fully functioning multi-platform media station with a focus on growing revenue and audience.
• Be the primary leader in generating ratings and revenue. Develop strategic plans and operational plans for the station’s growth in multi-platform content delivery and revenue generation that is in alignment with the local brand.
• Lead with positive motivation, direction and insight while holding team accountable for attainment of operational goals.
• Encourage innovation across all levels of the organization.
• Provide visible leadership both inside the station and the community. Develop strong relationships with key clients and other business partners.
• Effectively communicate to department heads and all employees. Create a collaborative, team-based environment.
• Provide training and development opportunities to team members.
• Responsible for all aspects of financial statements and ensuring station compliance with Scripps policies regarding those statements. Responsible for station operating and capital expense budgets.
• Enforce all FCC, EEO, SOX and any other appropriate rules and regulations.
• Understand and adhere to company policies, and at all times adhere to the highest ethical standards.
• Work transparently with divisional general manager and other corporate team members to improve multi-platform operations.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
To create a profile and apply online, please visit http://www.scripps.com/
To apply for this job email your details to KWilson@wptv.com