Weekend Sports Anchor/MMJ
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That’s what you’ll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full-service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast paced team and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
This is a rare entry-level opening for a Weekend Sports Anchor/MMJ, who will cover a wide variety of sports in the Florida panhandle! We are looking for a team player with lots of energy and a wide knowledge of all sports important to the local area. We don’t just want play-by-play, we want a true sports journalist who can tell compelling stories and turn content quickly on air, on line and on OTT. The ideal candidate has great writing and editing skills, is strong going live, is personable and is ready to be coached by our seasoned, award-winning team!
- Daily sports reporting, shooting video, editing, and going live solo with TVU.
- Anchoring sports on weekends, which includes shooting, producing, editing, and writing all sports content.
- Ability to turn content on air, web, social, and OTT platforms.
- Taking direction and learning under guidance of sports director and news managers.
- Enterprising sports story ideas, turning compelling packages frequently, and building contacts with local sports community.
- Must be willing to travel solo on occasion to cover sporting events live on location.
- Must be willing to step in and assist with other duties as assigned by news managers.
- This job requires working weekends, and weekday hours must be flexible and subject to change depending on coverage needs.
- A BA/BS degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field with an emphasis on sports journalism is required for this position.
- Prior professional experience working in news media is preferred.
- Strong professional social media skills.
- Solid technical and computer skills.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now"
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.