Product Design Interns
Website Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a design intern to join the WSJ Product Design team in New York City.
The Journal informs readers of the events and decisions that drive the world forward. As a member of the Product Design team, you will be a voice and advocate for users of our website and apps, learning about their goals, desires and preferences. You will learn from and work alongside the product design team and user experience researchers to create beautiful and coherent experiences that our readers love. Ultimately, you will be helping shape the future of how we deliver news to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Help the Product Design team define interactive experiences within WSJ and its network of digital products.
- Learn from a multidisciplinary team including Product, UX Research, Editorial and Engineering.
- Focus on and take ownership of a project or initiative that spans the course of the internship.
- Implement design direction within the WSJ design language system.
Communicate across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project.
- Help develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Stay informed with design trends and techniques and proactively pursue knowledge for professional development.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with digital product design best practices and procedures and be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace. You’ll also have experience in applying experience design, information hierarchy, user flow and typography principles. A passion for identifying and solving problems is a must.
The screening process puts heavy emphasis on work samples and prior experience. You should have completed at least one prior internship, ideally with another professional media organization, or done exceptional work with a campus news outlet or as a freelancer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by Nov. 1, 2021. Only complete applications will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org