Website Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal’s podcast internship is based in New York City and designed for students who intend to pursue a career in audio journalism.
The audio intern’s primary duties will include supporting the production of editorially sound and compelling audio for WSJ’s podcasts, as well as publishing and promotion of shows both on the WSJ platform and off-platform. You should have a strong interest in domestic and international news, as well as business and financial news.
You should have the following skills:
- Strong script writing, with an emphasis on writing for the ear
- Audio producing, recording and editing experience, ideally in Pro Tools or Adobe Audition
- Comfort researching, finding and securing archival audio
- Basic understanding of podcast formats and delivery methods
- Social media savvy
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Experience in a daily audio newsroom
- Experience reporting in audio
Our interns are self-starters who understand the needs of our growing audience across platforms and are able to work independently under deadline pressure. Sound news judgement and dedication to high journalism standards are a must. You will be expected to have the initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment, while collaborating and communicating with other journalists around the newsroom.
The screening process puts heavy emphasis on work samples and prior experience. You should have completed at least one prior internship with another professional media organization, or done exceptional work with a campus news outlet or as a freelancer.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and no more than five samples of your work. (You may include links for work samples.) Only complete applications will be considered. The deadline to apply is Nov. 1, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Listing Expires: November 1, 2021