Marketing Communications Intern
Website Visit Jacksonville
Provide project assistance and input for creative marketing strategies and communication campaigns to the Visit Jacksonville team.
To build the talent pipeline for our local economy by connecting young adults with education and employment career pathways that prepare them to meet the skill demands of employers while teaching them the skills for workforce success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing input for creative marketing strategies and communications campaigns.
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions and tools for marketing and communications.
- Working independently and as part of a team to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to
programming and events.
- Researching and identifying influencers and media who may be interested in writing about Jacksonville.
- Writing copy as needed for marketing and communications materials, visitjacksonville.com and social media.
- Assisting with updating media lists and databases.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., marketing, communications, advertising or public relations).
- Must earn credit towards a college degree for completing the internship.
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Sharepoint, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of HTML and/or website content management, including SEO.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials.
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s vision and mission.
Please a send cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com