WTOC is a dominant #1 news television station in Savannah, Georgia that covers 17 counties in the South Georgia Coastal Empire and three counties in the South Carolina Lowcountry.
WTOC – A Gray Television station, is looking for a full-time Videographer/Editor to join our energetic and competitive news team. The successful candidate will shoot, edit and gather information for all WTOC platforms.
The right candidate will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Must be able to shoot clean, clear and creative video
- Must be able to conduct interviews and gather necessary information in the field on own
- Must be able to work well with talent on shoots together
- Will need to remain calm during breaking news and big work assignments and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Able to communicate well with assignment desk, newsroom managers, and other colleagues
- Capable of conducting online research and calling and confirming information
- Ability to operate microwave trucks and LiveU backpacks
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Assist with big projects, remote shoots, special events and programming when needed
- 1 year previous newsroom experience preferred
- Strong videography and non-linear editing skills a must
- Valid Drivers License and able to complete the MVR process successfully
- Computer literacy required, including ideally ENPS news system
- Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.