Internal Communications Coordinator
Website UF Information Technology (UFIT)
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is seeking an OPS Internal Communications Coordinator. UFIT provides enterprise-wide information technology services and training and consulting support for the University of Florida’s faculty, students, and staff. Learn more at https://it.ufl.edu/and https://news.it.ufl.edu/.
The OPS Internal Communications Coordinator is a new, part-time, OPS position that will join the UFIT Communications team. This position will spearhead several initiatives and coordinate daily run processes that foster unity, team-building, and increased understanding of how all UFIT members enable the mission of the University of Florida.
This newly created position will focus on staff engagement, helping UFIT to create connections and strengthen relationships across its seven departments dispersed on three campuses. Though not a comprehensive list, among the responsibilities assigned to the OPS Internal Communications Coordinator are:
– Introduce UFIT’s new hires, projects, workgroups, and initiatives through digital communications channels
– Coordinate UFIT participation in campus- and state-wide awards programs (e.g., Superior Accomplishment Awards, Davis Productivity Awards, and others)
– Maintain digital monitor content (e.g., staff photos, kudos from campus) in multiple buildings
– Support volunteerism and good university citizenship efforts (e.g., UFCC, Homecoming)
– Facilitate events that foster a greater sense of community among UFIT departments and workgroups
The Internal Communications Coordinator position is a 20 hour per week position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience, and skills:
– Previous experience working on staff events, or organizational communications.
– Previous experience creating and maintaining websites, writing newsletters, and using content management systems such as Salesforce or MailChimp.
– Familiarity with image editing software (such as Photoshop or Canva), and attention to detail.
– A background working in higher education is ideal but not mandatory.
– All previous experience considered for relevancy.
This role requires demonstrated administrative project management, the ability to write in journalistic format (AP Style is the university’s style guide of record), and a genuine desire to work with others and tell the great stories of the IT staff who enable UF’s teaching, learning, research, and business. This position will involve extensive collaboration with members of UFIT.
– Basic working knowledge of WordPress and HTML (Training in the Terminal Four content management system will be provided at no charge)
– Digital photography experience
– Previous experience writing for an organization
– Knowledge of AP Style. (Examples written within the last two years will be required with submission.)
Applicants are required to submit with their application: Cover Letter Resume or CV Writing Samples (2) Attached as PDF or Provide online link LinkedIn profile URL Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. on October 4, 2021
To apply for this job please visit explore.jobs.ufl.edu.