Website UF Information Technology
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is seeking an OPS Communications Analyst. UFIT provides enterprise-wide information technology services, and training and consulting support for the University of Florida’s faculty, students, and staff. Learn more at https://news.it.ufl.edu/.
The OPS Communications Analyst is a new, full-time, time-limited position. The person hired into this role will join the UFIT Communications team and support a variety of stakeholder communications channels. The OPS Communications Analyst will also support university-wide project communications and change management initiatives needed to help prepare campus constituents to maximize use of IT systems and services.
This position will produce digital and web communications that support the release of new IT projects into the University of Florida technical ecosystem. The OPS Communications Analyst will also support the production of presentations, social media analytics, and research on peer institutions. Though not a comprehensive list, the responsibilities assigned to the OPS Communications Analyst include:
– Create content to support projects in the UFIT portfolio
– Develop photo and video content for use on UFIT social channels
– Support UFIT’s campus (face-to-face) and online events
– Provide logistical help for UFIT’s virtual and face-to-face event calendar
– Prepare surveys and conduct research with fellow top-10 institutions
– The OPS Communications Analyst position is a 40 hour per week position and is time limited (up to two years or 4,076 hours).
This role requires demonstrated administrative project management, the ability to write in journalistic format–AP Style is the university’s style guide of record and advanced proficiency is required—and the ability to write for value and meet and manage multiple deadlines. This position will involve extensive collaboration with members of UFIT.
The application process includes submitting two recent writing samples (preferably published online) as well as the applicant’s LinkedIn profile.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a combination of education and experience in communications, agency, or public outreach role.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience, and skills:
– Event coordination
– Writing on demand and meeting deadlines
– Creating and maintaining websites, writing newsletters, and using content management systems such as Salesforce or MailChimp.
– Proficiency in Editing software (such as Photoshop or Canva)
– All previous experience considered for relevancy
– Working knowledge of WordPress and HTML (Training in the – – Terminal Four content management system will be provided at no charge)
– Digital photography experience
– Minimum of three years full-time experience writing for an organization or agency
– Advanced knowledge of AP Style. (Examples written within the last two years will be required with submission)
– Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Applicants are required to submit with their application:
– Cover Letter
– Resume or CV
– Writing Samples (2) Attached as PDF or Provide online link
LinkedIn profile URL
– Applications close October 6, 2021 and must be submitted by 11:55 p.m.
Applicants are required to submit with their application: Cover Letter Resume or CV Writing Samples (2) Attached as PDF or Provide online link LinkedIn profile URL Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
To apply for this job please visit explore.jobs.ufl.edu.