Summer AmeriCorps Associate
Website The Collegiate Veterans Success Center (CVSC)
The Collegiate Veterans Success Center (CVSC) is seeking a Summer AmeriCorps Associate dedicated to supporting the needs of collegiate veterans and military affiliated students at the University of Florida. This 10-week service role will directly enhance and promote the success of student veterans by improving access to educational support, resources, and camaraderie.
Primary duties include:
- Promoting the resources and benefits found at the CVSC through coordination and facilitation of tabling, presentations, and social events.
- Co-facilitating summer orientation sessions.
- Assisting in developing and implementing an outreach and social media communication plan.
- Perform operational management duties within the Center.
- Assists CVSC staff members with various projects including coordinating with organizations conducting events, and other special operations.
Term of Service: May 23 – July 29 (10 weeks)
Summer Associates are eligible to receive:
- Living Allowance $1,151 pre-tax per month
- A Segal Education Award or Cash Stipend upon successful completion of service
- Approximately $1300 Education Award or $300 cash stipend
- Training from AmeriCorps, A|FVN, and Host Site
- Leave on federal holidays observed by University of Florida.
- Emergency Leave
To apply and learn more, visit the application page or contact Roselind Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit my.americorps.gov.