Spring 2022 Fundraising and Communications Internship
Website Humane Society of North Central Florida
Our Fundraising and Communications interns are responsible for assisting our development team with fundraising activities as well as communication. This includes event planning, communications, and helping to run our social media outreach! Our interns get firsthand experience working on the administrative side of running a successful non-profit animal shelter. This is an unpaid internship.
Interns are selected before each semester, every semester. Weekly schedules are set based on the intern’s availability as well as the needs of the development team. Must be willing to commit to 10-15 hours per week, with shifts most likely being Monday through Thursday.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Produces material for HSNCF social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok).
- Assists in planning and scheduling content.
- Creates graphics and marketing materials for events, programs and outreach initiatives.
- Helps to design and write the monthly eNewsletter.
- Creates personalized bios and pictures for adoptable animals to go on our website.
- Assists with planning and executing fundraising events.
- Fall semester interns will help with soliciting donations for the Woofstock silent auction.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all community members through all means of communications including on the computer, phone, and in person.
- Assist with other tasks as neede
- Duties and tasks are subject to change per the development team and the shelter’s needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must love working around animals and feel comfortable doing so.
- Completed or working toward a college degree in a relevant field.
- Must be computer literate, and have own laptop to work from.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience with Google Calendar, Google Sheets/Excel, Constant Contact and Canva is preferred but not required.
- Interest in nonprofit organizations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, spring availability for internship hours, and a sample flyer for a mock dog toy drive (branding, etc can be found on our social media). Email the application package to email@example.com. The deadline for applying is 12/10/21, with interviews the following week via Zoom. Spring 2022 internship runs from 1/3/22 to 4/22/22
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org