Public Relations Manager
Website United Way Miami
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. We fight for the equitable access to quality education, financial security and health of everyone in our community. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami is hiring for a Public Relations Manager to join our team. As a Public Relations Manager you will manage the strategy and execution of long and short-term publicity and social media campaigns including writing, pitching, providing event coverage, emergency response/crisis communications, recognition programs, etc. Collaborates across External Affairs & Marketing (EAM) department teams to execute integrated campaigns, communications and marketing programs and metric reports to evaluate progress toward goals. Takes lead on certain volume copy writing projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key duties include taking lead on publicity and social media efforts to build brand awareness. The Sr. Communications Manager will create compelling content that sparks enhanced engagement while creating public relations opportunities for the organization overall.
- Oversees and maintains organization for the department – monitors media coverage and oversees other team members to update media tracking documents, maintain media clippings, media reports, shares notable coverage with other departments
- Supports traditional media relations – together with subject matter experts, researches and drafts public relations materials, including press releases, media alerts, calendar announcements, pitch messages, bios, media lists, media statements, talking points, etc. and appropriately circulates for approvals
- Regularly updates UWM media kit and identifies when updates should be made
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to respond to media questions and inquiries in a timely manner
- Works with Communications Director with managing any external PR counsel partners; prepares and trains staff and volunteers for media opportunities
- Builds rapport with online and print media partners and outlets to garner coverage of UWM initiatives, news, events, awareness campaigns, grants and other projects. Co-maintains influencer and media lists.
- Stays abreast of current events, trends and news stories in local and National media outlets that can be implemented to elevate the UWM brand, pillar work, events and initiatives
- Attends events to support a variety of functions including staffing event photographers/videographers, facilitating media, social media coverage, show calling, overall event functions, etc.
- Acts as lead on a line of business, campaign or initiative – communicating overall needs to EAM team
- Collaborates in the development of event scripts, presentations, speeches, talking points, and other corporate messages for speaking engagements – must understand how to write and adapt copy for different audiences (internal, external, media, social media, donors, etc.)
- Write, edit and proofread external communications materials including social media, talking points for event speakers and specific communications related to key UWM events
- Works closely with EAM team on planning and execution of communications and marketing campaigns for various channels (web, email, social, media, etc.); collaborates with designers, sales, and subject matter experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audiences.
- Delivers regular insight reports including monthly board and scorecard updates, quarterly reports, media coverage reports and year-end final reports as needed.
- Regularly researches external events and adds to overall events calendar
- Contributes to maintaining PR & communications calendars and alerts communications team of notable events, updates, changes, etc. as it relates to coordinating communications efforts between PR & social media
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations /Marketing/Journalism
Experience Requirements: 3-5 years of experience in Public Relations content creation, copywriting and social media
Technology Requirements: Advanced social media sites, Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere Pro, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Teams and working knowledge of Photoshop.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Experience media/public relations and social media a must. Knowledge of photography and/or videography and video editing a plus. AP style grammar; excellent oral and written communication skills; effective organization and time management skills. Ability to work well with a diverse population. Strong customer service skills required, as well as the ability to engage in public speaking. Bilingual English/Spanish desired.
Benefits: United Way Miami’s total rewards program offers a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide a generous vacation, personal/sick and holiday program. We offer medical, dental, Life/AD&D, LTD, vision, legal, FSA, EAP, 401(k) plan, supplemental plans, and employee discount programs. Our Wellness program includes wellness activities and incentives throughout the year. To view the full description of our Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.
Listing Expires: July 10, 2022
Major(s): Public Relations