PR Student Coordinator
Website Piper and Gold Public Relations
At Piper & Gold, we know we have the power to change our community — and our world — for the better. We show up every day committed to supporting a more just, equitable society through communications. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself, we’d love to have you as a part of our team! We are looking for a public relations student coordinator to join P&G in January 2022.
We are looking for a PR student coordinator to assist with social media projects, writing and research, community involvement, media relations and so much more.
WHAT DOES A STUDENT COORDINATOR DO?
- Write. A lot. Columns, features, blog posts, newsletters and magazine writing.
- Learn and refine how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogging and more to promote organizations and educate audiences.
- Work on social media campaigns, including content development, photography, flat lays, graphics, influencer engagement and analytics.
- Participate in outreach, marketing, events and research projects for nonprofits and government agencies.
- Support with media relations such as developing press releases, researching reporters and outlets, and building media lists for a range of clients.
- Get to know dozens of client organizations working in Michigan and beyond to effect social change.
- Learn alongside your colleagues through weekly P&G University education sessions, webinars, workshops and other professional development opportunities.
- Attend weekly team meetings and client brainstorming sessions.
WHO’S GOING TO BE A GOOD FIT?
- A current junior — or an experienced and ambitious sophomore — college student. We will also consider graduate students or undergraduate seniors. Please include your expected graduation date in application materials.
- An exceptional writer. Must love AP style.
- A resourceful individual with a growth mindset.
- Someone with a voice and personality that translates to digital content.
- Someone who’s enthusiastic and fabulous, but also organized and detail-oriented.
- Someone who’s independent and accountable.
- Someone who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Bonus points for previous internship experience!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the effect it has had on our agency, this position may work in different formats: remote, in-person or hybrid (a combination of remote and in-person). Options will be discussed at the time of the interview and as January approaches. The Piper & Gold team is currently fully remote and is expected to remain remote through at least November 2021.
We value your time and believe only in paid internships. We’re looking for students who can work about 20 hours per week. The anticipated start date for this position is Jan. 10, 2022.
Ready to get started? Submit the following items to Shannon Janczewski at email@example.com : Your cover letter and resume, a link to your portfolio or at least two samples relevant to the experience we’re looking for. Be sure to show us the work of which you are most proud. At the time of the interview, the internship format (remote, in-person or hybrid) will be discussed based on agency policies and current CDC recommendations
To apply for this job please visit piperandgold.com.
Listing Expires: January 8, 2022
Major(s): Public Relations