Photo Journalist/ Editor
Website The School Board of Marion County, Florida
This is a creative and skilled position in the area of video editing. Video editing requires advanced computer skills as well as a creative and innovative way of storytelling. This person must be able to translate ideas into pictures and sounds and tell a compelling story in doing so. Advanced working knowledge of all broadcast equipment and ability to write compelling stories for television. This employee reports to and is supervised by the assigned administrator.
NOTE: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in a position allocated to this class. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Produce show promos.
- Produce public service and school announcements, school events,
Christmas parades, concerts, school board meetings, etc.
- Perform routine inspection of equipment in assigned specialist area and is
responsible for the preventive maintenance program.
- Operate all broadcast equipment.
- May require weekend or evening duty.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Some positions typically require certain knowledge, skills, aptitude, training, and previous experience. Example:
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others orally and in writing. Exhibit good listening and comprehension skills. Keep others adequately informed. Select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful
Education – Graduation from a standard high school or equivalency diploma.
Experience – AS or AA Degree in technology related field preferred or three (3) to five (5) years verifiable experience in media production/programming.
Computer Skills – Basic understanding and knowledge of use of current technology, as required for the position. Experience in Data Entry and Microsoft Word.
Certificates and/or Licenses – Required to obtain one of the following certifications within one (1) year of employment; Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut (Level 1) non-linear editing or equivalent.
Other Requirements – Valid Florida driver’s license or will obtain within thirty (30) workdays.
Starting pay is $17.65/hour + benefits (including paid health insurance). The position is year-round (260 days) and also offers paid leave for vacation, sick and personal time.
Those interested can apply here: https://skyward.iscorp.com/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsfinmarioncofl/rapplmnu03.w
To apply for this job please visit skyward.iscorp.com.
Listing Expires: November 12, 2021
Major(s): Media Production, Management, and Technology