P4G Communications Intern
Website World Resources Institute (WRI)
This internship is with P4G’s Global Hub hosted by the World Resources Institute based in Washington, D.C. As the Communications Intern, you will play a key role in drafting and sharing content about inclusive green growth across P4G’s website, social media, and other communications channels. In your role, you will write timely content about partnership milestones and high-level events for P4G’s website. You will also suggest and implement strategies for improving website information and accessibility to better engage diverse audiences. You will gain experience in media research for P4G’s regions and sectors of focus to contribute to P4G’s outreach on green solutions. For P4G’s social media, you will assist in creating messages and graphics to effectively communicate with P4G’s network and expand our reach. As part of the P4G team, you will gain experience in planning and logistics to prepare for high-level events focused on innovative solutions for sustainable development.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
The intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- Attend relevant meetings and events to take notes and draft summaries for P4G’s website and newsletter
Search engine optimization and marketing:
- Pursue dynamic strategies to improve P4G’s website performance, including best practices for accessibility. Social media engagement:
- Draft social media posts for P4G partnership milestones and analyze results to better understand strategy.
- Assist digital communications specialist in creating compelling graphics and/or short videos for social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently and with the highest standards of integrity
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and oral communication skills
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Commitment to P4G’s mission, values, and approach
- Adaptability to rapidly changing priorities and ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines and competing demands
- Comfortable interning remotely
The pay range for this internship opportunity is between $16-$20/hour, commensurate with qualifications.
Duration and Location
- This is a full-time, 3-months internship with flexible start and end dates based on the student’s availability and need for the project.
- This is a remote-based internship with the option to work out of the Washington D.C. office once it reopens.
- WRI will provide a laptop for the duration of your internship.
Program Overview (for Internship):
P4G – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – is a delivery platform that catalyzes green and inclusive growth in low- and middle-income countries through investable partnerships that progress the Paris Agreement and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. P4G mobilizes a network of 12 partner countries, 5 global partner organizations and more than 240 business and civil society partners positioned to progress partnerships and enable market system change. P4G works with its network to attract public and private sector investment into green growth solutions and mature early-stage partnerships into sustainable models. P4G develops these solutions into long-term businesses that reduce carbon emissions and improve people’s lives through access to clean energy, transport, sustainable agriculture, and safe water and sanitation. Additional information about P4G can be found at www.p4gpartnerships.org.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, and other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender, racial, and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.