Nonprofit Content Publishing Coordinator
Website Nexus Marketing
Nexus Marketing, founded in 2014, is a content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) agency dedicated to helping mission-driven businesses market their products, software and services to nonprofit organizations, schools, faith-based organizations, associations, and universities.
Our team is full of smart, hard-working, and kind individuals who find the intersection of nonprofits and digital marketing exciting!
On the weekends, you’ll find us hiking in the mountains, playing dungeons and dragons with a group of friends, or getting immersed in a new book. As a growing agency, every team member plays a huge role in our continued success and our clients’ happiness.
About the Role
We’re looking to hire 2-3 team members based in or relocating to Atlanta to join our team as Nonprofit Content Publishing Coordinators.
This is a perfect role for someone who has recently graduated or is early in their career. We’re looking to hire candidates who have 0-3 years experience, an interest in the nonprofit sector, an interest in digital marketing / public relations (PR), and a love of connecting with people and businesses.
You’ll be responsible for one of our most important assets as an agency, our network of nonprofit-focused publishers which is made of bloggers, publications, and other businesses.
Your role will be focused on maintaining / growing this network of nonprofit-focused publishers, finding opportunities to get our clients published across our network, and pitching / following up on those publishing opportunities to make sure they go live.
The typical day in this role could involve:
- Jumping on the phone with a fundraising blogger in the morning to recruit them as a new partner.
- Following up on half a dozen blog posts that we’ve already sent out on our clients’ behalf to make sure they’re getting published before GivingTuesday.
- Planning a content calendar on our client’s behalf, with a leading publication in the nonprofit sector!
- Clients: Crowdfunding software, online donation software, and nonprofit fundraising consultants.
- Partners: Nonprofit associations, fundraising trade magazines, and fundraising bloggers.
- Representing Nexus Marketing to our publishing partners.
- Jumping on the phone or corresponding via email with nonprofit publishing partners to identify, execute, or follow up on mutually beneficial marketing opportunities for Nexus clients.
- Recruiting new publishing partners or increasing their relationship with Nexus Marketing. Pitching topic ideas to partners that highlight our client’s thought leadership on a given topic.
- Keeping tabs on dozens of publishing opportunities on our client’s behalf across multiple partners.
- Following up on publishing opportunities via phone, email, or other channels to ensure that our agreed upon blog posts between our clients and partners stay on schedule.
- Learning quickly about our clients and what they do so you can determine which types of Nexus partners we should try to pursue opportunities with.
- Coordinating with internal teams to make sure that we are meeting our client’s needs.
- Using SEO tools such as Moz or Google Webmaster Tools to identify new publishing opportunities for clients with our existing partners or new potential publishing partners.
- A recent college graduate (Majors that could be a good fit include Communications, Business, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Nonprofit Management, or Public Administration)
- Strong academic performance with an overall 3.8 GPA minimum.
- Have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Great presentation skills.
- Have a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new things and think on your feet.
- Have the ability to work through obstacles and challenges.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, top-notch time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work.
- A proven professional track record (preferably in an office setting).
- Excellent computer skills and an aptitude for learning how to use new software and programs.
- Comfortable managing a high volume of emails, publishing relationships, and tasks.
To apply for this job please visit apply.nexusmarketing.com.