Newscast Director / Editor
Website First Coast News
First Coast News is looking for creative visual storytellers looking to help make a difference in their community. This position requires newscast directing and editing skills. The typical schedule requires 2 days a week of newscast directing and 3 days a week of editing and studio work. The successful candidate will be responsible for coding and switching our locally produced news content using Sony ELC automation and have a good working knowledge of nonlinear editing, specifically the Edius editing platform, as well as use of studio cameras, satellite tuning equipment and other video transfer mediums.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
- Oversee the overall look of our newscasts.
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
- Work closely with the Production Operations Manager to facilitate any changes and updates to our automation systems as they work hand-in-hand with News Automation workflows.
- Ensures the communication and execution of production changes as it relates to the edited material for various newscasts.
- Handles video exports between station and network affiliates.
- Manages video feeds from both microwave and satellite sources.
- Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
- Experience with Sony ELC Automation, ENPS, Bitcentral, ENPS, EDIUS and Chyron graphics systems.
- Ability to adapt and quickly pivot on the fly for breaking news and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers, directors, and production team members.
- Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
- Must be able to work quickly, efficiently, and professionally under pressure.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Must have excellent spelling and grammar skills, as well as strong computer skills. Basic news writing and non-linear editing skills are preferred.
- Ability to organize and work quickly under fast-paced deadlines.
- Work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- College degree preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.
Listing Expires: December 12, 2021
Major(s): Media Production, Management, and Technology