Website First Coast News
First Coast News, is a TEGNA NBC and ABC affiliate in Jacksonville FL, is looking for a Broadcast Director who can also Edit. The person filling this role will be responsible for the technical directing and switching of our live news broadcasts using Sony ELC Production Automation. First Coast News produces more than 7 hours of live news content daily. We are seeking an individual who collaborates well with news producers and other staff to produce compelling and dynamic news content on multiple platforms. This position is responsible for coding ELC and direction/operation of studio and control room equipment used to produce news content. The ideal candidate will provide technical direction of live and pre-produced shows and segments as well as direct or assist on occasional remote productions. The director works closely with a dedicated team of production professionals and news producers to create engaging content using forward-thinking production ideas.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
- Oversee the overall look of our newscasts.
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
- Work closely with the Production Operations Manager to facilitate any changes and updates to our automation systems as they work hand-in-hand with News Automation workflows.
- Ensures the communication and execution of production changes as it relates to the edited material for various newscasts.
- Handles video exports between station and network affiliates.
- Manages video feeds from both microwave and satellite sources.
- Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
- Experience with Sony ELC Automation, ENPS, Bitcentral, ENPS, EDIUS and Chyron graphics systems.
- Ability to adapt and quickly pivot on the fly for breaking news and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers, directors, and production team members.
- Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
- Must be able to work quickly, efficiently, and professionally under pressure.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Must have excellent spelling and grammar skills, as well as strong computer skills. Basic news writing and non-linear editing skills are preferred.
- Ability to organize and work quickly under fast-paced deadlines.
- Work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- College degree preferred
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.