News Editor/Assistant Producer
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That’s what you’ll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full-service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
WJHG, the #1 station in beautiful Panama City Beach, Florida, is looking for an editor and assistant producer who will be working daily as an important contributor to the overall product. We are looking for a team player, someone willing to learn and who takes direction easily. The ideal candidate is highly organized, who can turn content quickly daily editing news for on air, digital, and web platforms. This person is in the middle of all the action and is needed to help create a daily product that is creative and engaging. It’s a great entry position into TV news, with possibilities to grow into other behind the scenes roles in a professional newsroom.
- Editing news content for use on air and on digital platforms.
- Monitoring news feeds daily and assisting producers with content for shows.
- Working with other stations and Network affiliates to coordinate sharing of video.
- Accessing and organizing archived video.
- Must manage time well and stay organized, meeting daily deadlines.
- Assist in writing news bumps, teases, and writing for digital as necessary.
- Assist news producers with loading content into shows and fill in as a producer.
- Must contribute to the team daily with story ideas, suggestions, and be willing to assist reporters and anchors with editing as needed.
- Able to fill in on other shifts as required, including holidays and weekends.
- College degree preferred, preferably in Media or Digital Communications or a similar field.
- Strong technical skills are a must.
- Proven experience with non-linear editing, and ability to adapt to new skills quickly in highly technical environment.
- Prior professional experience writing, editing, producing, or directing for broadcast preferred.
- Ability to work well with others, taking direction and working under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid writing skills and willingness to step in and assist in any role determined by news management.
Go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now"
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.
Listing Expires: November 13, 2021
Major(s): Media Production, Management, and Technology