WTOC-TV is the dominant #1 station in Savannah, GA. We serve 17 counties in the Southeast Georgia, known as the Coastal Empire and three counties in the South Carolina Lowcountry.
WTOC is searching for an experienced Multi-Media Journalist to join our award-winning number 1 team in Savannah. Candidate must have at least 2 years of experience turning multiple stories a day at TV news station, outside of college.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Pitching and researching enterprise stories daily.
- Turning at least 2 stories on 2 different topics daily as an MMJ. This means must drive to own stories, shoot own video, write own scripts for both broadcast and digital platforms, edit own stories, and run own live shots.
- There may be possible anchoring opportunities for the right, experienced candidate.
- Post multiple times daily on multiple station-connected social media sites.
- Responsible for staying up to date and confirming stories that happen in your assigned beat.
- Ability to fill in on different shifts as needed.
- Ability to work well with others…MUST be a team player.
- Ability to communicate clearly on air and behind the scenes.
- Must excel at writing for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field required.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a TV newsroom working as a Multi-Media Journalist. (This does not include classroom/university experience.)
- Proven reporting and videography skills required.
- Must be organized and great with time management.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.