About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTOC 11 is the number one news source in beautiful historic Savannah, Georgia which was named the third best city in the U.S. by Travel and Leisure. As the legacy station in a 20-county market, WTOC covers Georgia’s Coastal Empire and southern South Carolina’s Lowcountry which includes Hilton Head Island. WTOC is a CBS affiliate with the most hours of live local news in the market, and it is prominent on digital, social and OTT. As Savannah’s first TV station, WTOC’s community roots run deep. The call letters stand for Welcome To Our City.
WTOC 11, the number one station in Savannah, has a full-time opportunity for a Writer/Producer to join our Marketing Team. The ideal candidate is a highly creative, enthusiastic individual who can conceptualize, write, produce, direct and edit promos and commercials for on-air, digital and social platforms. Must be an idea-generator and able to communicate and collaborate well with others. As a member of the Marketing Team, you will be required to participate in station sponsored community events and priorities. The position requires balancing multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously. Must be a self-motivator and highly organized. If you are the person above and have a reel to prove it, we want to hear from you.
This position will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Write and edit topical promos
- Interact with account executives and clients to write, shoot and produce commercials
- Write and produce on-air branding campaigns including image and proof of performance promos
- Film talent in studio, newsroom, and outdoor environments for promo content
- Develop and create social media campaigns
- Shoot, produce and represent the station at community events and parades
- Generating ideas to further the WTOC brand and drive viewership
- College education or equivalent
- Compelling writer who recognizes how to craft an engaging message focused on viewer benefits
- Experience with video production including script writing, videography and editing
- Proficient with video and DSLR cameras
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, focusing on Premiere and After Effects
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.