Manager, Corporate Communications
Website Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW)
Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) is seeking a dynamic communications professional to join a newly created Global Communications Center of Excellence that is focused on leading holistic and integrated communications strategy brand and business reputation and maximizes impact among key stakeholders.
Reporting to the AVP, Corporate Communications and Reputation Management, this corporate role will help shape and protect the external image and corporate reputation of MVW and its core businesses with key stakeholders. This position will contribute to supporting the development of core governance materials including quarterly earnings and investor communications, the annual report and citizenship report, as well as external corporate initiatives and awards that impact reputation. Plays a key role in managing external communications, media monitoring and measurement. This role will work closely with the corporate affairs team and associate communications team to monitor perception around philanthropic efforts and the company’s ESG goals as well as perceptions as an employer in media and social media communities.
Success requires excellent oral and written communication skills, a resilient and solution-focused spirit, project management, and an ability to be a self-starter. Experience also required in reactive media response, publicity and events. Experience working with influencers, agencies and internal communications a plus.
Essential Job Functions
Communications, Strategy, Execution and Measurement (50% of time)
- Conduct research, writing and development of the narrative in support of external corporate initiatives and awards that impact reputation.
- Work cross-functionally and contribute to annual report and ESG report to advance company objectives and initiatives that speak to the employee experience and the company as a good corporate citizen.
- Partner with the associate communications team to mine for stories that can be used externally in an effort to drive awareness of MVW as a great employer, helping to retain and attract talent.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business owners and senior management.
- Provide communications support for investment community, especially around earnings.
- Assist with updates to the company newsroom and bring forward new ideas to advance storytelling capability.
- Advance media monitoring through quarterly media clips report and weekly clips report for sharing internally.
- Serve as trusted advisor and communication counselor to key colleagues and leaders, creating strong relationships across the organization.
Issues Management and Crisis Response (30% of time)
- Actively engage with department leaders to build and safeguard the reputation of MVW, Interval International, our brands and businesses through issue management programs.
- Regularly review and recommend updates to the company’s various crisis communications plans to ensure timely responses to global incidents that could impact company and/or its personnel.
- Draft statements in response to incidents and help manage approvals and alignment across the organization.
- Assist in ensuring the effectiveness of crisis responses and communication plans to protect the company and brands at a national and local level.
- Monitor issues that could potentially impact the company/industry and package them in a way to determine possible action planning.
- Provide communication to regional operations teams including FAQs, Board Letters, Media statements and more.
- Participate in various internal issue and crisis teams by serving as a communications contact, regularly updating internal documents and external websites.
Monitoring, Measurement and Analytics (20% of time)
- In partnership with the AVP, Corporate Communications and Reputation Management, develop robust media monitoring and analytics program to support issue and crisis efforts as well as proactive storytelling.
- Assess outside monitoring services and make recommendations to the organization for future evaluation.
- Support content updates on corporate websites, key channels and press materials including company facts sheets and executive bios.
- BA in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- AP Style, Newswire usage, media monitoring software and tools Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Keynote, proficient with Apple operating system.
- Travel required, including international. Approximately 10% of time.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Prior experience within a recognized consumer brand; travel, tourism & hospitality expertise and established media relationships in these sectors a plus.
- Prior experience managing vendors and budgets; prior agency experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently, taking ownership to identify challenges and recommend potential solutions.
- High level of corporate professionalism and maturity. Demonstrated ability to use grit and resiliency to champion change.
- Strong ability to turn trends or insights into programs that bolster corporate communications strategy and build upon brand and reputation.
- Prior experience managing high stakes issues or reporting on significant community or company issues.
- Proven client-facing role experience working with teams on large scale, long-term projects.
- Excellent oral communication, writing and presentation skills with experience presenting to all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to own your own growth.
- Strong interpersonal, client service, collaboration and partnering skills.
- Ability to quickly influence across the organization and work in a matrixed environment.
Candidates are encouraged to include their portfolio, media clips or writing samples.
To apply for this job please visit mymvw.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.