IT System Administrator
WJXT/WCWJ, Graham Media Group owned TV stations in Jacksonville, Florida- is looking for a full time IT System Administrator.
- Duties include support, troubleshooting and monitoring of the IT infrastructure and systems needed to support broadcast operations.
- Position requires flexibility of schedule: hours are primarily daytime Monday-Friday with occasional weekend shifts.
- Individual should have good personal organizational skills and be able to maintain technical documentation.
- Must be able to work with top level management, engineering staff, end users, clients, and viewers.
- Should be able to perform detailed engineering research and analysis to solve non-trivial technical problems.
- Must be able to create professional drawings and presentations and use project management methodologies when working on team projects.
- Requires being comfortable providing local or remote technical support to people of all skill levels and backgrounds, along with the patience to mentor and train others as needed.
- Expert knowledge of desktop and mobile operating systems including Windows, iOS and Android. Familiarity with server operating systems including Windows Server and Linux.
- Experience with enterprise software platforms and services including Microsoft 365, Active Directory and Endpoint Manager.
- Understanding of networking concepts including the OSI model, wired and wireless network architectures and protocols.
- Understanding of modern IT concepts including system imaging, software deployment, IT automation for user and endpoint management, virtualization, data storage and cloud computing.
- Familiarity with computer-based video and graphics systems, video editing and streaming, media codecs, file formats and media management/archiving workflows.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in IT support capacity or equivalent post-secondary education in recognized IT program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Intermediate proficiency in the administration of systems, software, and hardware in moderate to complex environments.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network and Wide Area Networks, including VoIP, Multicasting, and IPSec Tunnels.
- This individual must be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as part of diverse team. Must be an effective communicator with strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Contact TechCareers@wjxt.com. Please include in your subject line “Applicant for IT System Administrator.”
To apply for this job email your details to TechCareers@wjxt.com