Internal Communications Specialist
Website Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW)
Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) is seeking a communications professional to join a newly created Global Communications Center of Excellence that is focused on leading holistic and integrated communications strategy that builds brand and business reputation and maximizes impact among key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Associate Communications, this role requires a professional with experience in internal and associate communications. The position will support the execution of the day-to-day internal communications activities and ensuring alignment of messages from the company to our global employee audience. This position is responsible for a variety of communication needs including writing, editing, data analysis, and coordinating and updating communication collaterals for various strategic initiatives and client requests. This position will work closely with members of the Brand and Digital organization and functional heads in areas like HR, IT and with the company’s other businesses.
The Specialist will support the annual internal communications strategy with upfront research, effective writing, coordination and design, and execution. The Specialist will also be responsible for executing tactics consistent with company standards and policies, and conducting audits as needed to contribute to approach and timeline for communication partners.
This role will work closely with their supervisor to support communication request, providing creative input, managing the review and approval processes, and monitor project deadlines for consistent delivery, escalating risks as appropriate.
In addition, the candidate for this role should have a track record of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, an ability to support the team to reach common goals, and actively listen and resolve issues to delight and build trust with key internal clients and stake holders.
Success requires excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, a resilient and solution-focused spirit, and an ability to be a self-starter. This position will work cross-functionally to support business leaders to deliver results.
Communications Planning, Execution, and Measurement (45%)
- Ability to apply smart communication best practices to enable speed and effectiveness within the organization.
- Provide communication support for major business initiatives including product transformations, reorganizations, policy changes, etc.
- Help disseminate enterprise-led communications and overarching messaging that increases awareness, understanding and pride across the organization.
- Support the develop of high-impact communications plans, campaigns and tactics, through research and effective communications recommendations.
- Develop communications materials to help leaders prepare for key employee engagements and meetings (e.g., presentation materials, speeches, talking points).
- Recommend resources and tools to enhance communications effectiveness of senior leaders company-wide.
- Work with the extended communications team to contribute to content strategy and manage the internal communications editorial calendar for the department.
- Monitor and track effectiveness of internal communications channels, messaging and programs and partner with leader to package results.
Function Specific Communications Initiatives and Support (45%)
- Support team execution in accordance with project plans, tools, and methods, and support resource planning.
- Support the design, development, delivery, and management of communications.
- Assist with team/department deck development/webinars/meetings
- Aid communications for assigned functional areas that could include HR, IT, and the Exchange and Third-Party Management businesses.
- Draft and incorporate specific communications into the broader business editorial communications calendar.
- Provides program management excellence; keeps multiple projects and initiatives on budget and on schedule.
- Provides communications collateral that meets and exceeds business requirements.
Driving Results (10%)
- Think broadly and holistically about communications plans from concept to completion.
- Energize and inspire team with new ways to approach defining and delivering communications and branded experiences (e.g., introducing new tools and resources)
- Have a focus on delivering against stated program objectives and employ a process of continuous improvement.
Candidate Profile (the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
- BA or BS Degree Communications, Talent/Organizational Development, or Human Resources.
AP Style, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Keynote, proficient with Apple operating system.
Travel required. Approximately 10% of time
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Proven experience delivering effective communications that deliver against our strategies, on time, on budget.
- Timeshare/hospitality/lodging industry experience a plus.
- Prior experience with communication to hourly/non-tethered workforce a plus.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of information and turn them into actionable insights.
- Proven client-facing role experience working with teams on large scale projects.
- Excellent oral communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to own your own growth.
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to interfacing with leaders outside of function.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences and establish and maintain strong relationships
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust.
- Measurement skills related to assessment of information, initiatives, and strategies.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive business information.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen including MVW’s unique culture and an understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated passion for our associates and our Company’s vision, mission, and values.
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills is a plus
- Understand of digital design is a plus
To apply for this job please visit mymvw.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.