Fundraising and Communications Intern – Fall 2022
Website Humane Society of North Central Florida
Reports to: Advancement Team
Supervisor: Volunteer Department
Our Fundraising and Communications interns are responsible for assisting our advancement team with fundraising activities as well as communication. This includes event planning, communications, and helping to run our social media outreach! Our interns get firsthand experience working on the administrative side of running a successful non-profit animal shelter. This is an unpaid internship.
Interns are selected before each semester, every semester. Weekly schedules are set based on the intern’s availability as well as the needs of the development team. Must be willing to commit to 10-15 hours per week, with shifts most likely being Monday through Thursday for the fall semester.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produces material for HSNCF social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok).
- Assists in planning and scheduling content.
- Creates graphics and marketing materials for events, programs and outreach initiatives.
- Helps to design and write the monthly eNewsletter.
- Creates personalized bios and pictures for adoptable animals to go on our website.
- Assists with planning and executing fundraising events.
- Fall semester interns will help with soliciting donations for and putting on our biggest fundraising event of the year, Woofstock!
- Provide exceptional customer service to all community members through all means of communications including on the computer, phone, and in person.
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Duties and tasks are subject to change per the advancement team and the shelter’s needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must love working around animals and feel comfortable doing so.
- Completed or working toward a college degree in a relevant field.
- Must be computer literate, and have own laptop to work from.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience with Google Calendar, Google Sheets/Excel, Constant Contact and Canva is preferred but not required.
- Interest in nonprofit organizations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Must be in good health. Any allergic condition that would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facilities, vehicles or equipment, is a disqualification.
- By nature of the job, there is occasional exposure with dead, injured, sick, unruly, vicious, and/or dangerous animals in addition to exposure to parasites and infectious diseases.
- Must be willing and able to perform all duties listed above.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, fall availability for internship hours, and a sample flyer for a mock dog toy drive (branding etc. can be found on our social media and website). Email the application package to email@example.com. Deadline for applying is 8/12/22, with interviews the following week. The fall 2022 internship schedule runs from 8/22/22 to 12/16/22.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org