Website First Coast News
• Gather news content for general assignment or breaking news or sports stories, using a broadcast field camera as well as other cameras and devices.
• Operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Cover breaking news, general assignment, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Requirements: • BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field • 2-5 years of experience preferred • Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems - preferably in a local TV news department environment • Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots • Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook • SNG experience a plus • Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills • Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable • Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism • Knowledge in non-linear editing systems • Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines • Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.