Website First Coast News
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
<ul> <li>BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field</li> <li>1-2 years of experience preferred Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred</li> <li>Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems</li> <li>Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism</li> <li>A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting</li> <li>Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots</li> <li>Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook</li> <li>Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus</li> <li>Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines</li> <li>Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events</li> </ul>
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.