Executive Director, Awards & Talent Relations
Summary of Position
The Director, Awards & Talent Relations will lead strategic development and execution for awards campaigns and talent relations for STARZ Original Series. They will also liaise with Publicity, Events, Corporate Communications, Media, Digital Marketing, Programming, and other internal departments on all awards and talent relations efforts. The ideal candidate will have over seven years creating strategic and effective awards campaigns in the television industry. Travel is a requirement for this role. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Publicity, Events, Awards and Talent Relations.
- Leads the strategic development and execution of awards campaigns supporting STARZ Original Series and talent through all phases on an ongoing basis.
- Budgets, plans and executes a wide range of awards related tactics to maximize exposure and recognition for STARZ Originals Series and talent.
- Oversees awards submissions with guidance on entry strategy and works to ensure submissions are complete and compliant.
- Liaise with key leaders at the Television Academy, industry guilds, BTJA, HFPA, etc., acting as the main point of contact for all external award organizations.
- Conceptualizes and creates creative mailers, stunts and events for awards efforts.
- Develop innovative activations and experiences that elevate the Starz’s visibility amongst the award’s community.
- Collaborates with Marketing in managing FYC creative campaigns and provides strategic guidance for all FYC media placements.
- Brings strong relationships with awards press, guilds, ATAS and industry tastemakers to identify FYC opportunities and reinforce Starz brand awareness among the voting communities.
- Oversee talent gifting for award nominations and wins.
- Serve as a talent liaison for the awards department to execute panels and Q&As and determine submission strategies, coordinating closely with the publicity and events teams.
- Handles outreach to talent, showrunners and below the line as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years awards and talent relations experience, preferably in television.
- Seasoned awards executive who can both strategize and execute on a wide range of awards efforts.
- Must have experience working with executive producers, talent, producer/talent representatives, and high-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Has a clear understanding of the awards landscape and closely follows the ever-changing rules and trends in Los Angeles and New York.
- Experience creating creative, out-of-the-box events that spark press, voter and industry conversation.
- Has a proven track record leading and executing successful awards campaigns.
- Ability to collaborate well with others and take direction while also being able to work well independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing
Nice to Haves
- Experience running red carpets at awards events and FYC panels is a plus.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lionsgate.com.