Website Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW)
The Editorial Writer works with the Communications team to provide writing support for key business projects and initiatives focused on our field associate audience. Writing engaging and inspiring content and editorial pieces that educates and engages the reader for maximum business results. Ensures all copy deliverables meet the requirements of the business, customer, brand and legal functions. Ensures accuracy and consistency across customer types and communication channels in the appropriate brand voice. Delivers on time and on strategy copy.
- Executes all writing needs with consistency and accuracy
- Participates in the development of brand communication style standards
- Constructs writing in a tone that is innovative, new and persuasive to target audiences, while maintaining the unique messaging of each brand
- Ensures written messages meet business objectives and overall are delivering results aligned with the business needs
- Works with leadership to define positioning strategies for new products or services
- Communicates the vacation experience and the employee experience in descriptive and inspiring ways
- Generates fluid & seamless messages for a variety of collateral and communications
- Develops and refines editorial materials to ensure timely completion of projects
- Ensures that all deliverables meet brand and communications standards
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems
- Takes ownership of projects that make sense and drive to completion
- Participates in brainstorming sessions
- Maintains business expertise
- Ability to communicate complex products in easy terms
- Minimum 5 years writing for a living that includes news articles, websites, employee newsletter, e-communications, editorial, executive memos and training aids.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Experience hospitality industry writing preferred
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Creative writing experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Works well in cross functional team environment
- Research abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or business experience equivalent.
- Strong customer focus and service skills required
- Good Interpersonal skills for client interface and presentations
- Team player and problem solver
To apply for this job please visit mymvw.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.