Website Charisma Media
CHARISMA MEDIA is a growing, profitable multi-media company whose mission is to inspire people to encounter the power of the Holy Spirit. We are looking for team members with the same passion to work with us for global and eternal impact.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and opportunities for growth in developing your talents, abilities and skill levels.
If you share our beliefs and values and want to be part of this exciting venture, we invite you to send your resume of training and experience.
Beliefs and Values:
- We will honor God in all we do, embracing the Bible as our standard.
- We will be a unifying agent among denominations, racial, ethnic and cultural groups within the body of Christ.
- We will provide leadership by example on standards of integrity in business relationships and activities.
- We will be a healthy business that will grow and is profitable
- We will provide our people an opportunity for professional and personal growth, expecting them to be loyal to the Company and diligent in their jobs.
- We will go the second mile and demonstrate a can-do attitude in our relationships with customers, authors, suppliers and one another.
Detailed individual who will provide accurate, thorough and timely support to the Content Development team. The Editorial Intern will be flexible, shifting between various tasks, websites and platforms. Primary support duties will focus on preparation and posting of online content through Charisma Media websites. Other editorial-related tasks may become available.
Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 to 5:30 pm. Schedule can be flexible to accommodate applicant’s needs, with up to 28 hours per week.
Must be attuned to the vision and values of the Company
Familiarity with the charismatic-Pentecostal market
Education and/or Experience:
- Pursuing degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Some experience in writing and editing
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel (or equivalent) and
- Google applications
- Some experience a plus: InDesign, Joomla, WordPress, Unsplash, Pixlr
- Can communicate effectively and professionally
- Detail-oriented at high level of accuracy
- Can complete multiple tasks under deadlines
- Able to complete assigned tasks promptly and with high accuracy
- Able to recognize and correct text errors
- Strong grammar skills: spelling, punctuation, syntax, style, exceptions
- Working knowledge of Associated Press style (knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style a plus)
- Working knowledge of clean, incisive, coherent communication to readership, to accomplish primary goal of getting message to them where they are most capable of comprehending
- Can calculate figures
- Able to receive direction and constructive criticism and apply guidance promptly
- Ability to initiate and sustain relationships with colleagues and other writers
- Able to define problems and offer solutions
- Temperament to represent Charisma Media in a professional, yet personable manner
- Prepare and post assigned articles of online content through Charisma Media websites
- Copy edit Charisma Media content (print/online) as assigned, correcting syntax, spelling, grammar and punctuation; checking Scripture; verifying sources and documentation; and checking names
- Review proposed corrections, changes and queries with the appropriate editor
- Assist with social media postings as assigned
- Assist with editing print version of magazines
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Charisma Media
Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Close quarter work workstations. Open area with multiple departments. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.