Summary of Position
The Director, Publicity is responsible for creating and overseeing the implementation of communications and program publicity campaigns for STARZ network series. This role requires a strategic thinker with creative, out-of-the-box ideas, strong public communications skills and solid press relationships across multiple platforms. Takes initiative but is willing to collaborate with different disciplines and stakeholders. Must have strong written, verbal and organizational skills, take a solutions-oriented approach, exercise good judgment, adapt quickly under pressure and demonstrate leadership skills.
The Director, Publicity will lead and manage the development and implementation of all efforts around publicity on assigned STARZ original series, including but not limited to: developing and executing comprehensive PR strategies, press outreach, writing press materials, show positioning and talking points, and collaborating effectively with marketing, social media, EPs, talent and showrunners.
- Develop and execute strategic and innovative publicity campaigns for Starz Original Series and talent.
- Manage large-scale, high-visibility projects and possess excellent time management and organization skills, with a reputation for flawless execution and management
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines with budgetary constraints and changing priorities (must be extremely flexible and versatile). Must be able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential as is an ability to speak and think clearly and creatively and generate new ideas on a regular basis.
- Identify and successfully pitch programming and initiatives to media, including long leads, dailies, weeklies and online publications, as well as secure electronic bookings and timely respond to media requests.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, blogs, trades, etc.).
- Coordinate media opportunities and brief/prep/media train talent and showrunners for media interviews, speaking opportunities and panels.
- Monitor competitive landscape and stay ahead of industry trends.
- Organize and/or support press events, including but not limited to screenings, junkets, red carpets, satellite and radio media tours, TCA, Comic Con, etc.
- Develop and execute awards campaign strategy for key series/talent in coordination with VP Publicity and awards team.
- Manage budget for show publicity campaigns including press kit development, press initiatives, talent travel expenses, etc., with a keen eye for ROI across all PR functions.
- Liaise with production, affiliates, marketing, and digital/social teams, maintaining the flow of information across the various teams. Must possess the ability/willingness to collaborate across groups and disciplines.
- Manage and coordinate Festivals (Sundance, TIFF, SXSW, etc.) as it pertains to assigned series.
- Interact independently with producers and on-air talent to prepare them for interviews.
- Manage Unit Publicist when applicable to ensure all PR and marketing materials are produced seamlessly across production and talent.
- Manage relationships with outside public relations agencies and consultants.
- Leverage social media platforms and incorporate latest technology in PR practices.
- Experience populating and running red carpets at events.
- Manage the daily press clips process, prioritizing by importance.
- Travel to and represent Starz at various events.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years of experience at a media company or PR/promotion agency (television experience preferred)
- Proven track record of launching successful show publicity campaigns
- Background in Publicity/Communications
- Must bring strong relationships with key media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists.
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of the digital media space and social media trends.
- A passion for entertainment and pop culture.
- A desire to learn and grow within the entertainment PR field
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lionsgate.com.