Digital Outreach Internship
Website UF Department of History
The Department of History is seeking a paid digital outreach intern for the Fall 2022 semester. The internship comes with a $1500 salary and up to 3.0 credits in HIS4944 Internship in the Practice of History (credits are optional). The intern will gain experience in digital public history by collaborating with faculty on the following tasks:
- Develop the department’s strategy for communicating with students, alumni, and the public;
- Establish and manage social media accounts;
- Create content (short descriptions, slides, clips) about departmental research, events, and news;
- Conduct outreach work among students, alumni, and interested community members;
- Help to produce the department’s newsletter;
- Work with CLAS Communications to place relevant news, events, and stories in appropriate CLAS publications.
The intern should expect to spend up to 10 hours weekly in this role.
- Full-time student at University of Florida;
- Interest in History;
- Experience with social media;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Familiarity with photo and video editing software is a plus.
Application Materials: Please send (1) A short letter of interest that highlights their qualifications and motivations and (2) A short resume. Send applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com