Coordinator, Public Relations
Website Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW)
The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and assisting with development and execution of brand public relations tactics. The position requires strong writing and communication skills and knowledge of media management and brand reputation platforms. This role requires a highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for brand marketing and PR to infuse best practices across all aspects of the organization.
- Aggregate, organize, and pitch stories and content as required to appropriate media
- Manage social and editorial influencer stays and coordination with resorts
- Consolidate and report out on key media metrics and KPIs
- Assist with PR campaigns and project development from definition through delivery, including identifying key measures of success.
- Assist with campaign execution, including creative asset development, and trafficking assets as appropriate
- Assist in kick-off and execution of cross-functional projects that include brand publicity
- Monitor trends in media management tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Vet editorial influencers to determine priority and reach
- Source and format photography as needed
- Coordinate updates to department resources, documents and agreements
- Ensure that all PR strategies are compliant with brand positioning
- Work to ensure consistent messaging between publicity and internally produced communications
- Compile media reports and analysis
- Manage the updating of media stay SOP documents
- Monitor on-going competitive analysis with industry and non-industry companies to research/benchmark how they are growing brand reach through effective PR strategies and platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in social media, community, or interactive marketing
Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of brand marketing
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing for social networking functions
- Experience integrating PR initiatives with social media marketing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Expertise in writing social media copy
- Photoshop experience
- A passion for social media marketing and other inbound marketing strategies.
- Experience with social media management tools (i.e. Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.)
- Previous Hospitality Industry experience
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple takes and priorities within specified timeframes.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and execute against those recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills, including a sense of urgency and attention to detail to ensure operational aspects of communications runs smoothly
- Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at many levels and establish the trust necessary to influence and drive business decisions
To apply for this job please visit mymvw.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Listing Expires: September 2, 2022
Major(s): Public Relations