Website Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW)
Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) is seeking a corporate citizenship professional to join a newly created Global Communications Center of Excellence that is focused on leading holistic and integrated communications strategy that builds brand and business reputation and maximizes impact among key stakeholders.
This role will be a key member of the Corporate Citizenship team helping to coordinate programs and activities designed to enhance the image of the company, brands, and enterprise-wide businesses in the community. This role works closely with the corporate communications team, associate communications team, resort operations, and other corporate and field functions including Sales & Marketing teams.
Success requires analytical thinking, written and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail and organization, a resilient and solution-focused spirit, and an ability to be a self-starter. Experience with budgeting, finance, project management, and other quantitative skill sets is a plus.
Given the nature of the role and the group it supports, a successful candidate will have a passion for community service, volunteerism, nonprofit partnerships, fundraising, and event management. Additionally, as a member of the Global Communications team a successful candidate must maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets, actively listen, and respond positively to customer or client questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues, and build trust. In addition, it is critical for the candidate to have a track record of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, an ability to support the team to reach common goals and listen and respond appropriately to requests or needs.
Essential Job Duties
Program Support & Tracking (40% of time)
- Monitor and report on departmental programs to include in-kind donations and fulfillment, fundraising, philanthropic giving, employee volunteerism, and grant-making.
- Provide project and event management support for signature events including food drives, golf tournaments, employee volunteerism, and other fundraising events on-property and in the community.
- Support the department with the tracking, reporting, and analysis of companywide ESG initiatives and collaborate with key stakeholders on the company ESG committee to develop new programs and collateral.
- Support the department with the management of corporate partnerships and the development of new partnerships with local and national nonprofit organizations.
- Monitor and engage with the departmental Corporate Affairs inbox, fielding inquiries from community members, businesses, and consumers.
- Support content needs of the department including the development of power point presentations, written correspondence, event invitations, and creative social media posts.
- Actively support initiatives that build the company’s reputation and the reputation of our brands
- Develop communications content and editorial for various channels including corporate website and social media channels, employee town halls, executive correspondence
- Support multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment, from conception to completion and package results for sharing internally.
- Help monitor issues that could potentially impact the company/industry and elevate them to leadership.
Administrative Support (20% of time)
- Manage expenses and reporting for department.
- Track invoices and ensure accuracy based on vendor agreements.
- Provide logistical support and meeting planning for community events, fundraisers, offsites, workshops, etc.
General Business Services (20% of time)
- Balance the interest of one’s own group with the interests of the organization.
- Use team member diversity to its fullest extent to achieve business success.
- Share relevant information to help others understand and support business objectives.
- Use technology effectively to communicate and influence throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate business ethics and personal integrity (i.e., widely trusted, seen as a direct, truthful individual).
Working with Others (20% of time)
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or clients/guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Analytical Skills: Computer Skills including Outlook, Word, Excel; Learning; Creative Problem-solving; Decision-making
Interpersonal Skills: Customer Service Orientation; Teamwork; Strong Interpersonal Skills
Communications: English Language Proficiency; Listening; Phone Etiquette Skills; Oral Communication Skills; Applied Reading; Presentation Skills; Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Personal Attributes: Dependability; Initiative; Integrity; Presentation; Stress Tolerance; Positive Demeanor
Organization: Time Management; Multi-Tasking; Detail-Orientation
Administration: Typing; Microsoft Office; Peoplesoft; Lifting/Loading Boxes
- BA in Communications, Political Science, Business Administration, or similar preferred.
- 1+ years related work experience.
- AP Style, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Keynote, proficient with Apple operating system.
To apply for this job please visit mymvw.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.