Website The National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE)
The National Association of Television Program Executives annual NATPE Market & Conference brings together the worldwide television community of companies and individuals involved in buying, selling, developing, financing, advertising, marketing or licensing content; implementing technology; exploiting rights; or leveraging media assets.
College students or recent graduates are invited to apply for conference internships. Interns help with information distribution, registration, seminar seating, and other assignments to help the conference go smoothly. The conference is not open to the public thus the student interns receive a unique, behind-the-scenes view of the television industry. Interns put in long hours, including walking and standing for extended periods, but each student has an all-access pass to the conference. The Conference takes place from January 18th – 20th at the Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach. Interns are needed for pre-conference duties beginning the evening of Sunday, January 16th through Thursday, January 20th.
For more information about NATPE or the conference, visit: https://www.natpe.com/
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you should be 21 years old and a currently enrolled student. December graduates may apply. Students younger than 21 may apply but must furnish a signed parental waiver if selected.
If I’m selected, what am I responsible for?
You must be able to:
- Arrange transportation to and from the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
- Be available to work from Sunday, January 16th until Thursday evening, January 20th.
- Dress appropriately; attire for the event is smart casual….Khaki or other slacks.
What does NATPE provide?
NATPE provides meals, conference registration, access to the conference, and onsite housing or an offsite transportation allowance for interns from the Miami area.
How do I apply?
Eligible students should send a cover letter and resume, a recent photo, a letter of recommendation, and proof of COVID vaccination. You will also be required to present this verification at the conference and to undergo COVID testing. Your letter and resume should tell us:
- Why you should be selected as a NATPE intern and what you have to contribute as an intern
- What activities you have been involved in at school
- Related activities outside of school, if any
- Any special skills you possess (production, typing, foreign language, computers, etc.)
- What type of career you hope to enter after graduation
- Conflicts that might restrict the hours you are available for intern duties
- Other information helpful to the selection committee
Submit your application materials to: shorturl.at/enpM7
To apply for this job please visit shorturl.at.
Listing Expires: November 10, 2021
Major(s): Media Production, Management, and Technology