Website UF Government & Community Relations
About the Office of Government and Community Relations (GCR)
The Office of Government and Community Relations (GCR) serves as the connection between the university and our state, local, and federal policymakers. We advocate for university priorities, connect our stakeholders to UF innovation and expertise, and develop relationships with policymakers to sustain a policy environment that allows UF to thrive.
Communications Internship Summary
GCR is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter to join our team as a communications and marketing intern. This important role will allow the successful candidate to hone writing skills by suggesting copy for advocacy communications, sharpen graphic design abilities by contributing to the development of marketing campaigns, use social media expertise to increase audience engagement, and support the overall communications efforts of a team spread across offices on campus, in Tallahassee, FL, and Washington, DC.
This internship will be located on campus in Tigert Hall. The duration of the internship will extend from early September through the end of the Fall semester in December with the potential for Spring renewal. The position will allow for flexible hours and days (approximately 15 hours per week) and has the ability to work remotely as appropriate. This will be a paid position with the opportunity to support academic credit if needed.
- Designing graphics and creating content for social media and other publications
- Assisting with social media content planning and management
- Draft social media posts, email communications, and newsletters
- Contribute ideas on how to boost audience engagement
- Monitor and track social media analytics
- University of Florida Student in good standing
- Exceptional writing, organizational, grammar, and spelling skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Proficiency in Canva
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Familiarity with social media scheduling tools
- Familiarity with Twitter and Facebook account management
- Interest in public policy and/or Florida political topics
- Seeking a degree in advertising, public relations, journalism, telecommunication or a related field
Submit your application and materials using the link below. All applications are due electronically by August 19, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit gcr.ufl.edu.