Manager, Integrated Marketing and PR
About the Job
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
Define the integrated marketing and PR strategy for CHEP North America (U.S. and Canada) in conjunction with internal stakeholders. Responsible for the planning and execution of targeted industry- and marketing-related trade shows, conferences, exhibitions and events, PR/thought leadership and social media in North America, in support of new business growth, brand development and customer loyalty to achieve profit goals.
*This role can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S.*
- Annual Revenue Budget: ~$1M
- Number of Countries: 2 (U.S., Canada)
- Number of Locations: Atlanta, Mississauga, Orlando
Number of Reports
- Partner internally to develop and execute integrated communications/PR plans that tell CHEP’s unique branding, program and GTM stories.
- Lead writing, editing, revising integrated marketing content with internal and external partners.
- Champion, promote and deliver best-in-class PR, including preparing executive leadership team for media interviews and supporting byline messaging/revisions, serving as day-to-day PR agency contact, and brainstorming stories and angles to share with media and external audiences.
- Identify and manage ongoing executive communications opportunities, including media briefings, speaking engagements, award applications, and customer and partner activities.
- Lead social media and other messaging for North America; partner with marketing agency to develop monthly tactical plan and counsel business on social media messaging, responding to follower comments.
- Serve as North America lead on global social media steering committee; represent North America’s priorities to regional counterparts and manage messaging on North America channels.
- Lead and manage all conferences/trade shows CHEP attends or hosts—including customer events; serve as point contact to exhibit house.
- Manage and develop industry association relationships to deliver business objectives.
- Develop return on objective reports for marketing activities.
- Manage marketing initiatives to budget.
- Support chep.com content updates.
- Regularly work across matrixed organization to deliver results.
- Delivery of key accountabilities – budget, project management, leads from shows
- Providing timely information and clear messaging to critical stakeholders
- Enhancement of company profile in the North America industry
- Maintaining social media engagement numbers
- PR/thought leadership engagement and storytelling with media
- Social media tactical execution and response for North America; drive North America messaging at global level
- Conferences North America attends aligned with go-to-market strategy
- Recommendation on associations North America joins and drops memberships
- Determine CHEP customer events
- Sr Manager, Integrated Marketing
- Manager, Pallecon Marketing and Social Media
- BDMs, Sales Directors, Account Managers, Inside Sales Reps
- Sr VP, Marketing
- Directors, Marketing, Product & Pricing
- Sr. VP, Sales
- Sr. VP, Retail Solutions
- VP, Commercial teams
- Canadian Marketing team
- Sr. Manager, Demand Generation
- Lead Qualifiers
- Sr. Manager, Zero Waste World, North America
- Head of Sustainability, North America
- Regional Social Media Managers
- Manager, Integrated Marketing (Automotive)
- Manager, Communications
- Other functional group leadership
- Brambles Corporate Communications team
- Media outlets in North America
- Marketing & PR agencies in North America
- Industry and trade associations
- Exhibit house
- Conference/event planners
- Undergraduate degree required, BA/BS in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
- 5-7 years’ experience in public relations and social media with interest in trade show, conference and event planning
- Experience with Oktopost, Cision, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Skills and Knowledge
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Media relations experience
- Effective collaborator
- Knowledge, experience with social media
- Proven financial/budget management
- Strong research and analytics skills
- Ability to work cross functionally in a matrixed environment
- New business or new market development experience
- Outgoing, high energy personality
- Ability to interface with executive team
- Knowledge of supply chain and/or B2B industrial markets (a plus)
- Ability to travel frequently (approx. 10-15%)
Spanish or French
Bachelors – Business Communications, Bachelors – Marketing, Bachelors – Public Relations
Preferred Level of Work Experience
5 – 7 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Listing Expires: December 16, 2021
Major(s): Public Relations