Associate Director, Communications
Website United Way Miami
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. We fight for the equitable access to quality education, financial security and health of everyone in our community. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami is hiring for an Associate Director, Communications to join our team. As Associate Director, Communications you will manage leadership and execution of long and short-term high impact communications and integrated marketing campaigns including social media management, email marketing, award programs, testimonial speaker placements; and support of media coverage and placement in local top tier publications. Works with Communications Director to help lead the communications department. Collaborates across External Affairs & Marketing (EAM) teams to develop and execute integrated communications programs including content planning, copywriting, video capture, ensuring projects remain within scope; point of contact for external affairs inquiries and prepares performance metric reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key duties include managing strategies, outreach efforts and content creation that enhances the UWM brand and aids in fostering connection and engagement of employees, current/prospective donors and volunteers. This position will drive strong communications engagement from various stakeholders with the goals of expanding share of voice and optimizing quality of coverage.
- Partners with Communications Director to manage Communications team members and ensure day to day functions are executed properly and efficiently
- Leads social media strategy; works closely with communications manager and external partners to ensure proper promotion of UWM events and initiatives along with telling the brand story
- Repurposes content to produce promotional materials featuring UWM’s brand; builds content library to be used across various platforms including, but not limited to: website, e-newsletter, social media channels, as well as local media.
- Lead on reviewing, approving and keeping projects/tasks moving forward; supervises team members
- Works closely with EAM team on planning and execution of communications and marketing campaigns for various channels (web, email, social, media, etc.); collaborates with designers, sales, and subject matter experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audiences.
- Works closely with Communications team to support media communications and development of public relations materials including press releases, scripts, talking points, OpEds, etc.
- Conceptualizes and writes human interest content that features organizational initiatives, mission work, testimonials, events, community service, grant awards, and other stories.
- Works with team to develop visuals to support advertising, publicity and marketing opportunities; leverages current practices and technologies to generate engagement and expand online media presence; stays abreast of communications trends that can be implemented to elevate the brand, pillar work, events and initiatives.
- Manages staff coordinating photographer relationships. Supervises team administrator to ensure photographers are scheduled properly and expectations are communicated and met.
- Lead on designated line of business, campaign or initiative – communications overall needs to EAM team
- Collaborates in the development of event scripts, presentations, speeches and other corporate messages for speaking engagements – must understand how to write and adapt copy for different audiences (internal, external, media, social media, donors, etc.)
- Attends events to support a variety of functions including staffing photographers/videographers, facilitating media, social media coverage, show calling, overall event functions. Develops other team members to assist with coordination of event coverage.
- Contributes to regular insight reports including monthly board and scorecard updates, quarterly reports, and year-end final reports as needed.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Communication/Public Relations /Journalism/Marketing; advanced degree or certifications desirable.
Experience Requirements: Five to seven years’ experience in Writing/Marketing and Publicity assignments.
Technology Requirements: Advanced social media sites, Adobe Creative Suite, video recording/editing equipment, Premiere Pro, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of Photoshop and video design.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of social media is a must. Some knowledge of photography and/or videography and video editing a plus. AP style grammar; excellent oral and written communication skills; effective organization and time management skills. Ability to work well with a diverse population. Strong customer service skills required, as well as the ability to engage in public speaking.
Benefits: United Way Miami’s total rewards program offers a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide a generous vacation, personal/sick and holiday program. We offer medical, dental, Life/AD&D, LTD, vision, legal, FSA, EAP, 401(k) plan, supplemental plans, and employee discount programs. Our Wellness program includes wellness activities and incentives throughout the year. To view the full description of our Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.