Account Executive/Senior Account Executive
Website SourceCode Communications
What began in 2017 as an idea on the back of a napkin has quickly become an award-winning, fastest-growing communications firm working with some big-name consumer and B2B technology brands. At SourceCode, we’re focused on bringing brains and hustle, humanity and technology, creativity and business intelligence back to public relations.
SourceCode’s Account Executives are not expected to remain on the sidelines of an account and are required to be active (and opinionated) members of the team. We’re looking for a professional with 1-2 years of experience to become a valued team member and client counselor. We want our Account Executives to be given responsibilities and opportunities to help them grow as professionals. Opportunity is earned and is celebrated across the wider team.
What You’ll Do:
As soon as possible, AEs are introduced to clients and tend to have an active client-facing role, this includes:
- Liaising with client contacts over Slack, email, in-person and on status calls to deliver relevant updates. Demonstrating an ability to build rapport and trust with client contacts
- An ability to multi-task and the organizational skills necessary to juggle multiple clients, teams and tasks to ensure deadlines are not missed
- Reporting, including:
- Ensuring the delivery of call/meeting reports to team leads for review
- Feeding into weekly and status reports, including media monitoring, social media reporting as well as task and deadline updates
- Media and influencer engagement, including the development of timely pitches and/or content, as well as managing responses and questions for the benefit of the client
- Consuming news and engaging media to identify new or emerging media opportunities for clients
- Brainstorming and creative thinking; be vocal contributors across all elements of campaigns but most notably in brainstorms and planning sessions.
- Reading and sharing relevant news each day with teams and clients. Demonstrating a nascent ability to identify relevant media opportunities to further clients’ business goals
- Beginning to take the lead on the development of written communication such as press releases, pitches, client emails and longer length bylined articles
- With 1-2 years of professional experience, SourceCode’s Account Executives must have a good understanding of communications and client service.
- While a college degree is preferred, this is primarily because a degree demonstrates a level of commitment, an aptitude for learning and an appetite for personal development. We appreciate that it rarely tells us the whole story and as a consequence, we welcome applications from non-graduates able to demonstrate an aptitude for the role.
- Strong level of computer literacy and knowledge of applications such as G Suite and Microsoft Office, as well as social applications.
- Familiarity with industry-specific applications such as Cision, Muck Rack, Critical Mention, etc.
- Passionate about technology and/or the mechanics of integrated communications and storytelling, you are fascinated by how brands and consumers interact today. You watch, read and listen to a wide range of (social) media, and have a passion for creating and developing narratives yourself. Indulging in writing, stand up, drama or other storytelling mediums is a benefit to demonstrate your clarity of thought and clear, concise written communication skills.
- Ambitious and driven, you enjoy working through complex challenges and problem solving.
- Client liaison is a growing skill; you’re able to ask questions, listen and synthesize information to identify the critical elements of a task, and understand what constitutes success. You’re increasingly comfortable responding to client requests and sharing opinions and results with client teams.
- As a team member you’re proficient in organizing your own workload against priority and importance for the good of the team, and helping other team members to do the same. You have some experience and a lot of appetite to begin campaign management – assigning tasks to team members and helping them to succeed. You’re keen to get involved in more creative brand storytelling – building campaigns from ideas, and project managing them to success.
- Research and data analysis are developed skills – you like to prove hypotheses or counter assumptions to ensure you have the right answer to client and team questions. You are beginning to feel comfortable with content creation and media engagement, and you have a healthy appetite to learn more about integrated or digital campaigns.
- You know the details are important – whether scheduling a meeting, taking meeting notes or drafting a press release – but you’re keen to learn new skills and tools too.
- Robust benefits program
- Unlimited vacation with PTO minimums
- 401k with company match
- Monthly mental health stipend, 2 ‘NOPE’ days/year, and quarterly wellness challenges
- Profit-sharing program
- Workplace flexibility
- Professional learning and development allotment
- 6-month paid parental leave
- Transit benefits
- Paid volunteer and professional development days
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Listing Expires: June 10, 2022
Major(s): Public Relations