Web & Digital Marketing Specialist
Website Eastern Florida State College
Position Title: Web & Digital Marketing Specialist
Position Number: 071322-002P
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Status: Open, Accepting Applications
Campus & Location: Cocoa
Eastern Florida State College is currently seeking applications for the full-time position of Web & Digital Marketing Specialist on the Cocoa Campus in Cocoa, Florida.
Salary & Benefit:
The annual salary is $45,000. Successful internal candidates for external job postings should be aware that their current salary does not transfer to the new position. Salary will be as advertised in the job announcement. Full-time employees of Eastern Florida State College receive fringe benefits including health insurance and a retirement plan.
The web & digital marketing specialist will help write and maintain EFSC website pages and social media platforms, with a focus on supporting implementation of marketing-related online campaigns, search engine optimization (SEO) and digital advertising strategies. They will work with other members of the communications team and the student recruitment and enrollment management teams. Ideal candidates will possess a strong understanding of all areas related to digital marketing (website, social platforms, digital display, blogs, email and internet radio ads, etc.) primarily for lead generation, new student enrollment and student retention.
- The following minimum qualifications for this position must be met before any applicant will be considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field required (extra certifications a plus).
- Background in public relations, journalism, communications preferred.
- Experience with analytics (Google Analytics and social media).
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok preferred).
- Experience using social media management tools, such as Falcon or Hootsuite.
- Experience with OU Campus (OmniCMS) or similar workflow-based website Content Management System (CMS).
- Experience with WordPress content management and plugins a plus.
- Experience with graphic design tools (Canva, Photoshop).
- Familiarity with sales/CRM systems, Salesforce preferred.
- Additional skills: Organization, attention to detail, communication, problem-solving, ability to meet deadlines, multitasking, intellectual curiosity, strategic/analytical thinking, impeccable spelling and grammar, ability to match tone to audience while staying on brand.
- Valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator’s license required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities unable to obtain a driver’s license. In such cases, a valid Florida ID is required.
- This position will require successful fingerprinting and the candidate chosen will be required to pay the associated fee (currently $37.25). This fingerprinting fee is non-refundable.
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
Official transcripts of all collegiate work will be required to be considered beyond the application phase.*
*High School Diploma or GED or transcripts or official transcripts of all collegiate work (as appropriate for the position) must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All foreign degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
Minimum physical qualifications:
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language, bilingual ability (Spanish) a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate, or have demonstrated, the ability to type/word process 45 words per minute with accuracy.
- Must have advanced experience with computer word processing and Microsoft software packages, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Applications will be accepted until filled; however, the College reserves the right to extend or conclude searches without notice. This is a covered position under Chapter 295 Florida Statutes, which provides for Veterans’ Preference in employment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans.
How To Apply: All applicants must apply on-line in order to be considered for employment at Eastern Florida State College. If applicants need assistance in completing the on-line application, they should contact Human Resources. With at least 24 hours advance notice, EFSC can provide readers, Braille, audio cassettes, computer readers, sign language interpreters, and Scribes.
Note To Applicant: Applications will not be considered after the deadline date unless justified and approved for exception by the Associate Vice President of Human Resources. All successful applicants must complete New Employee Orientation prior to beginning work.
To apply for this job please visit www.easternflorida.edu.