Social Marketing Lead
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere.
WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It’s a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world. WhatsApp is looking for a Social Marketing Lead to develop a vision for how WhatsApp can truly be part of culture in Social.
This role will be responsible for leading the creative and strategic vision for WhatsApp: leading and developing campaigns and content that show a unique angle and a strong point of view.
This role sits within WhatsApp’s Culture & Community team: a new discipline with WhatsApp’s Marketing team that looks at how the brand is part of culture, reflects the diverse communities we serve and builds conversation around the purpose that WhatsApp brings people around the world.
You will have a great creative and strategic brain – you can come up with your own amazing ideas, as well as working with agencies to make ideas come to life.
You’ve led Social for really interesting brands, and made them famous online – you’ve helped brands find their angle and their unique point of view. You’re really bold, and want to push brands into exciting spaces. You know that big ideas take courage.
We’re looking for someone with a broad frame of reference, and an in-depth understanding and passion for cultures and trends around the world. WhatsApp users span the globe, so you’ll have great proven global experience, and an appreciation for a wide range of topics, trends, and user insights.
You deeply understand Social channels, but you’re equally comfortable talking about overall strategic marketing principles. You understand audiences, messaging, positioning and purpose at a brand and Social level.
You’ll be responsible for best-in-class strategic Social campaigns and initiatives that support and build the WhatsApp brand in the eyes of its users and communities across the globe. These campaigns will cover a broad range: from social-first campaigns, to integrated campaigns across the full marketing mix.
This person will have experience in leading creative development, and partnering closely with cross functional partners. You will work with multiple internal teams (internal creative teams, communications, policy and consumer operations) as well as external vendors (e.g. creative, content and influencer agencies).
This person will also be expert at relationship building: open, tenacious, curious, and a champion for this program of work. Previous experience will have covered social marketing and multi-channel communications planning, using data to identify cultural insights and build compelling strategies for our community content.
Social Marketing Lead, WhatsApp Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the execution of social marketing campaigns in partnership with internal and external creative and content teams.
- Co-create the development of WhatsApp’s global social strategy and best-in-class social campaigns, delivering creative and culturally impactful content and initiatives.
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Insights, Analytics, Communications and Media Delivery teams to ensure all initiatives are grounded in a solid base of community understanding and structured to deliver data-driven results.
- A champion of the WhatsApp brand and community making sure that our editorial agenda is protected and promoted.
- An expert in understanding what works for WhatsApp users and its community, making sure that the content we develop has the greatest impact and resonance.
- Analysis of cultural, community, media and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for content.
- Support approach for moderation working with our external partner, reinforcing tonal guidelines, response framework and measurement.
- 10+ years advertising and marketing experience with experience in social marketing.
- An understanding and appreciation of culture and the unique role WhatsApp plays in culture across various geographies.
- A user of WhatsApp who understands the value it plays in users lives.
- Experience working with consumer-facing brands.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing creative, innovative, integrated social marketing campaigns.
- Experience collaborating within dynamic and matrixed organizations.
- Proven strategic experience designing and delivering impactful marketing solutions.
- Experience building, inspiring, and leading happy and productive teams.
- Experience thriving in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment.
- Proven creative sense and communication skills.
- Experience presenting to large audiences and to senior leadership stakeholders.
- Experience with crisis management and crisis response.
- Creative/content/social agency experience.
- While not mandatory, experience outside the US is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.