Associate Producer / Editor
Website First Coast News
First Coast News is looking for creative visual storytellers looking to help make a difference in their community. This position requires news editing and camera operating skills. The typical schedule requires 5 days a week of editing and studio work. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of nonlinear editing, specifically the Edius editing platform, as well as use of studio cameras, satellite tuning equipment and other video transfer mediums.
The ideal candidate should also be well-versed in the use of news-writing software as well as MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Edits raw footage received from photographers, file materials and network feeds into voice overs and packages for reporters.
• Ensures the communication and execution of production changes as it relates to the edited material for various newscasts.
• Handles video exports between station and network affiliates.
• Manages video feeds from both microwave and satellite sources.
• Photojournalism skills are beneficial.
• Other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• Must have excellent spelling and grammar skills, as well as strong computer skills. Basic news writing and non-linear editing skills are preferred.
• Ability to organize and work quickly under fast-paced deadlines.
• Work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Experience with ENPS-EDIUS is preferred
• College degree preferred.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
To apply for this job please visit application.careerbuilder1.com.